Silca Nastro Cuscino Bar Tape
Nastro Cuscino is a Tri-Laminate 3.75mm-thick tape that provides cushioning and comfort equivalent to 5mm of traditional bar tape foam. CUSCINO has a strong texture, medium-high tackiness, and printed silicone graphics which adds comfort and grip in both wet and dusty conditions.
Inspired by advancements in running shoe foam and F1 tires as well as our own research into rolling efficiency, impedance, and damping, we realized that new materials technology could allow for a significant improvement in bar tape. Using a laminate of SILCAthane, SILCAlon, and 3M Visco-elastic adhesive instead of a single-foam extrusion, the tape can be optimized across a range of desired features. The resulting tape has a softer, more comfortable feel, higher wet and dry grip, better vibration isolation, and 3-5x the durability of existing tape materials. Since the actual wrap of the tape can be as important as the tape itself, we've also developed a full adhesive-backed 'butterfly' to better cover the back of the lever clamp area without adding bulk, a high-grip finishing tape, and expanding aluminum/composite end plugs to ensure every detail is perfect.
- Ultra Performance 3.75mm-thick Tri-Laminate design delivers equivalent cushioning to 5.0mm tapes of traditional materials
- SILCAlon (2-Hour Marathon Shoe foam) offers greater cushioning and 3-5x more rebound for improved performance over rough surfaces
- Debossed racing stripe pattern plus embossed color silicone printing for improved grip and cushioning
- Laser-engraved aluminum expanding bar-end plug
- TPU finishing tape with full 3M adhesive
- Butterfly-shaped brake clamp cover